5 Tips For Holiday Travelers
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Sunday after Thanksgiving win the award for the busiest travel dates of the year! This means that, no matter where you’re heading this year, chances are that you’ll be facing some stress and chaos. There will likely be long lines at the airport, cramped trains and buses, and traffic jams on the road. But these situations don’t need to dim your holiday spirit!
Holiday Travel Tips
Below are a few tips on how to survive the holiday travel season without suffering from a holiday meltdown:
- Do Research Beforehand: No matter how you’re traveling, some research is required to make sure it goes smoothly. For example, if you’re flying, you can do some research regarding your airline’s restrictions and pack accordingly. If you’re driving, having alternate routes mapped out in case of traffic jams or road closures.
- Use Travel Apps: There are many different travel apps you can download onto your phone. These apps can alert you to updates on flight delays, any flight status changes, and can even estimate how long you’ll be in the security line. Other apps can let you know which gas stations on your route are the cheapest or alert you to the cleanest rest stops on the road!
- Pack Light: If you’re flying, it’s best to avoid checking any bags if possible. This way you can avoid losing any luggage or having to wait in a baggage claim line. If you do need to check bags, make sure you keep any important documentation or medications with you in your carry-on luggage, just in case your bags get lost.
- Leave Early: Planes that leave earlier in the day are much less likely to experience delays. The same goes for road trips – you can avoid traffic by leaving earlier. This also allows you some wiggle room to work with in case of an emergency.
- Expect the Unexpected: No matter how well-prepared you are, you can never be 100% sure of what to expect. Because of this, leave extra time between connections, pack snow tires, and make sure you have extra provisions.
Here at SpringRock Dental, it’s important to us that you travel safely. To schedule a pre- or post-holiday dental cleaning and exam, please contact our office, serving citizens from Denver, CO and the surrounding areas.
From all of us at SpringRock Dental, we want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving holiday!